News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Show free shipment

Started by franayala, August 25, 2014, 00:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franayala

Hi all,

We have free shipment for orders up to 40€. In shipment we have configured this.

How we can show in cart the amount to obtain free transport?

Thanks!
www.cuidadicos.es - Natural suplements and beauty

John2400

I presume you also put it  in the header on the front page.

eg:  all items purchased over 40.00 are shipped free and then in the cart your Free shipping would come up with a 'logo' - automatically set that says free. You have already set the shipping so just add a logo image.

Then You could try - the Language Manager >> joomla >>Extensions>> Language Manager >>Overrides>> (New Button)>> Type in the search box " No Shipment Selected" and change the text to say - what you like .

for versions . 2.6    for       VM 3 -  similar - you will get the idea.. change one and see what you get.

franayala

Sorry, I think I did not explain properly.

When a customer places an order and the total is above 40 €, then we send the order without charge transport.

But, for example, if a customer has requested € 30, we want to show in the cart module, if order 10 € extra, we will send the order without charge transport.

The idea is to show the remaining amount to get free transportation. That amount has been defined in Virtuemart shipping method.

GJC Web Design

It needs to be coded - there is no "configuration" for this..

some sort of if statement in the cart module that shows a message when cart total is under €40
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

franayala

Hi GJC,

Thanks!

You can tell me how to code??

Only how to retrieve this shipment data from DB

Thanks!!!

John2400

Mmm sorry I have been looking this from a different angle.  The showing of an exact amount to receive free shipping would just annoy me. If you sell. Product for 39.00 and I would receive free shipping if is spent a dollar more.

That is why shops don't have this setting. I would think .mmmm that guy could have made that product a dollar more and gave me free shipping.    The options normally used is buy two and you make the shipping free.

I just used a Shopping store just like this now. I could. Easily see that I was short on the free shipping option and Infact I purchased three products well above the free shipping threshold.

But showing me I'm a dollar short would not encourage me to buy more.

I think my option and the most common option is set free shipping for an amount but don't tell me how much I'm short. But each to their own. 

Being polite .. I think GJC  could do your option for a cost..