How do we switch stockable plugin to child variant across entire shop

Started by bunglehaze, August 22, 2014, 00:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunglehaze

I am having another go at 2.9x again and only have one more thing to try before I can test it all out fully. All of my child products were using the stockable plugin which I gather from the other thread I posted in is no longer needed in VM3. Milbo said that it is simple to migrate all stockable child listings to the standard system now but i cannot see how this is to be done.

Any pointers on this please Milbo and I can see if functionality wise it is all working for me.

thx

bunglehaze

Any guides on how to do this Milbo please? My site is unusable without the custom fields working correctly so I can't test VM3 without moving stockable to generic child

bunglehaze

Is there going to be information given on how to convert a site using the old stockable plugin to just using child variants without needing to amend each one? I assumed that a migration from 2.x would automatically to the conversion but this was not the case and none of my products will work without this part migrating.

I also assume it is likely to be a simple SQL query to make the changes on a sitewide level

GuidoS

I have been thinking about this too. It's hard to upgrade when both options are not available in one of the versions. But aren't generic childs in both versions? For the new option Child Variant it's going to be a little bit harder because that one only exists in VM3. It's going to be a challenge:)

bunglehaze

It shouldn't be though,  Milbo has previously said there is a simple way to migrate from one option to the other.  It's been over a month since I posted this thread though and it's been unanswered so that's a month of testing gone to waste

Milbo

Because it is not done yet. Furthermore I think, there should be a migrator button, to update stockable to the "child variants" and maybe the dynamic ones. The dynamic ones make still sense.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Seoirserob

I am also very interested in this topic.

Is there any update since the release of VM3?

As yet I have not seen a method to do this within VM3, am I correct that this is still in development?

A migrator button would be great . . .

Thanks, great work with VM3 too, congrats.

Rob.

bunglehaze

I started another thread regarding this following the public release, still struggling with it to be honest as I cannot get the site to work correctly or migrate simply.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=127017.0