News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Suggestion of changing the product ID

Started by zbig, August 21, 2014, 15:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zbig

Milbo.

I propose a new version of VM given product ID in the system of double-digit, example. XX
Google Merchant does not add products if you have a product ID as a single-digit numberexample. X
So it would be good to start with a digit product ID 01, then 02, 03 and so on. In the current version, the system creates a product ID as follows: 1,2,3 ......
This will allow administrators to store products for export a xml file in a form which is acceptable to advertising through Google Merchant.
I hope you understood me.

awowy

Milbo

I did not answer this, because it is full of nonsense. The id is not for you, nor for any importer/exporter and if google needs it, then there is something wrong with google, actually.

The id is technical help construction. The id is handled by the database and defined as

`virtuemart_product_id` INT(11)

So what means the 11? I means that you have always 11 digits. So a 1 is stored with 10 trailing zeroes. The number 12 would have 9 trailing zeroes.

So the easiest method to achieve it, is to use `virtuemart_product_id` INT(2). But actually, this is the job of the export tool and not the job of vm.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member