News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

directory of templates?

Started by guybr, August 21, 2014, 07:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guybr

I'm searching the forum but I see different files names associated with templates that we can customize.

Would it be possible for the moderators to create a 'map' of the different templates (of the different components/modules) with a brief summary of what they affect? In some cases, the components have multiple .php files and it's not apparent what each file affects.

For example, if I want to alter the VM store homepage and then separately the product listing page - what files am I looking for? I've seen forum posts directing us to  virtuemart/default.php, virtuemart/default_products.php, virtuemart/default_categories.php, category/default.php etc.

vaskern

You are probably looking for template overrides? Lets you override product, category pages and more

jenkinhill

There is no list required as the view files are easy to identify by name alone. Up to and including VM2.6.8 are all in components/com_virtuemart/views/ 
VM2.9.9/VM3 also uses sublayouts, which are to be found in components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/

Ye vaskern, edited files should be used as overrides. For introduction to template overrides, which have been part of Joomla since J1.5 was launched, see  http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/33-templating-layouts.html and  http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/overrides
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

guybr

I'm trying to locate the correct views to edit, to make overrides.

For example, where do I fine the main VM homepage, that displays "categories" on the top, then "featured products", "latest products" and below that "top 10 products" - is that a single page or is it composed of modules (each of which I need then to edit)?

I'm trying to get the image sizes right: I set them to 150x150 in the admin and on the page I described above, they render fine.

But in the category page they are small. I've found the forum thread which describes how to fix the problem on the category page - but to make the correction I'm want to compare the php on the homepage, where the images render well - and I can't seem to find it...

jenkinhill

Homepage view is components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/tmpl/default.php with also loads components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/tmpl/default_categories.php and components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/tmpl/default_products.php  - really obvious if the also look at the code.

Thumbnails are scaled accouding to the space available, so they show smaller with 3 products/row than with 2 products/row. Use Firebug to view the css - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116620.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum