News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Vendor Phone not updating

Started by rs3511, August 20, 2014, 21:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs3511

The phone number of the vendor is not saving changes in database table virtuemart_vendors_en_gb.  It's easy enough to update via phpmyadmin but I wanted to report the possible bug.  I'm using VM 2.6.8 on Joomla 2.5.24. with PHP 5.4.29.

At the risk of sounding sarcastic, thank you for such wonderful software!!  I will be glad to help test or contribute ideas and my time.

jenkinhill

No problem here changing the vendor phone # - are you logged in as vendor when you do it?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rs3511

Thank you Jenkinhill for the reply.  Your responses in this and other forums have been a wealth of knowledge for me personally and I really appreciate everything you do for the virtuemart and joomla world. 

No, my user id was the vendor at one point in time and I changed the vendor to my client. The rest of the client's information was updated in the vm vendor tables, however the phone number was not.  I was logged in as a super admin and tried to update the phone number in virtuemart vendor area but it would not save.  Does the actual vendor have to be logged in to update the vendor record in virtuemart? Also, I noticed the number being shown on the vendor area of  virtuemart (backend) was not the same as the number in the vendor database record (phpmyadmin).  I thought that was strange.

Thanks again,

RS

Milbo

This is really strange.

If your super administrator has no vendor id, he gets vendor id = 1. So it should work for your client and you. Even if your client has no administrator rights, he should be able to store vendor phone on the Frontend.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member