[solved] Extention Manager/Manage page version info after updating

Started by amymattian, May 28, 2014, 13:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amymattian

Hi,

I have noticed when updating VM2 versions that the Manage page still shows old version details. I have used the Extensions/Install feature for both VM2 and AIO. Still the Manage pages shows old versions both in VM component and the modules. But when I go to Extensions/Virtuemart it shows it is 2.0.6. version. Why do the Manage page show old details? I have done Purge Cache in the Update page. What am I doing wrong? I have this issue on all websites that I am managing. How can I get the versions to show correctly on Manage page?

- Anne

GJC Web Design

You don't say WHAT version you have updated to?

by manage page do you mean Extensions->Manage tab? The Options icon allows you to set caching to 0

I get as in screen shot

[attachment cleanup by admin]
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

It depends on whether the module code has been changed. eg my manager shows VM components as 2.6.4 but modules as 2.6.0 as they have not had any code changes since 2.6.0. If the module files on SVN are edited then a new number will be assigned for the next release.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

amymattian

Hi,

I noticed that I must use clear old cache in the Extension Manager/Manage page and the version info will be updated!

- Anne

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum