News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Postage in Shopping Cart Module

Started by Pulsator, August 18, 2014, 12:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulsator

Hi

I have noticed since my upgrade to v2.6.6 that postage is now added to the shopping cart module total. As I use the simple 'x products £totalcost' version this is confusing for customers.

Is there a way to stop postage being added to the cart module so that only the cost of the actual products is shown?

[edit] The postage is only added if a customer is logged in. May be a normal function of Virtuemart but is there any way to disable this in the cart module view?

Thanks

Pulsator

Okay, update on my progress.

I opened modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/default.php and on line 46 found the variable used to display the total in the cart is 'billTotal'.

On cross-checking I found this same variable is used within the main cart component. Checking back through the main cart file I found another variable, 'salesPrice' which is used to display the total cost of products not including coupons and shipping.

I replaced 'billTotal' with 'salesPrice' in modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/default.php but no value is displayed.

Can anyone advise if 'salesPrice' is available as a global variable to the cart module code or is it exclusive to the main cart component? If the latter, how could I grab the value and use it within the cart module?

Thanks