News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Do you guys want me to write a new vmsiteltr.css?

Started by gringo211985, August 16, 2014, 13:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gringo211985

Hi there,

Was wondering if you guys would like me to write some styling into vmsiteltr.css? Just it could probs use a little nicer styling "out of the box". If you let me know then I can write some basic styles and send the file to the devs.

Thanks,
Richard

awowy

it would be great,  especially if it could be fully responsive as well

Milbo

Did you test the last version?

"fully" response is not defined btw. I call it adaptive anyway, cause responsive is any web application :-P

Actually if you want to help with the css, you must consider first all the rules.

The new css should be less invasive, that means mainly to use more em, then px, which is done already a bit.

It shoud work for normal joomla templates and boostrap ones. Furthermore it should use the old classes, so that old themes directly work again and only slightly changed.

Next is to change only a bit, send a patch,.. then the testers check it give their review,... then the next bit. The more you change at once, the less likely it is taken.

or just read here
http://people.redhat.com/rjones/how-to-supply-code-to-open-source-projects/

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

gringo211985

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been snowed under with projects recently.

Yes responsive/adaptive is no problem and I shall write one up using the older classes and of course no silly px widths, instead it will be either em or % probably % as I think this is easier to understand for noobs.

I know you guys are set to release VM3 next week, so I shall get this done over the weekend. My idea is just to create a clean simple theme that is ready to be customized further.

Will attach the files here for you guys to add/remove/edit any parts as you like.

Thanks,
Richard

gringo211985

Hi @Milibo

I have made the first change to the vm-ltr-site.css file, I am going to change just one thing at a time and the file name will tell you exactly what is changed.

I started by using the !important tag for the quantity box and have resized it so it's nearer the size of the button. Looks much better in modules and product details page, the reason for important is because JApurity3 has it's own styling for input boxes and thus better to override from vm-ltr-site.css imho.

Let me know if this is ok and I can send through the next change, also should we create a new thread or something where I can post them?

Thanks,
Richard

[attachment cleanup by admin]

gringo211985

Hi @Milbo

Should I also use some headings in the css file? Just thinking it may help anyone else that may use this file and that way I can set out what each section of code is for.

Not to mention that it will probably help anyone trying to style VM3 further.

Thanks,
Richard

jenkinhill

Yes, a good idea to annotate the file, I usually do this when I make changes so I will later know the reason why!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gringo211985

Hi @Jenkhill

Will add the headers in as I go through. Should I submit the changed css files continuously in this thread?

Is the first change ok with you guys? If yes I will send the next few over.

Thanks,
Richard

gringo211985

Added cursor: pointer to the quantity controls, please let me know if I'm getting this right because there's lots of changes I would like to get done.

Thanks,
Richard

[attachment cleanup by admin]

gringo211985

Just bumping this thread to see if you guys are still monitoring it.

I don't want to write all the new .css if it's going to be a waste of my time. Please guys let me know if I'm doing it right and if you want me to carry on.

Milbo

I think we need better communication, there is a pn with my skype
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member