News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart 3

Started by ExSpirit, August 12, 2014, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopsing

Hi @ll,
just need a small hint when VM3 will be released? more than a month? more than 2?
just wanted to know cause I have to "upgrade" / develop an old 1.x VM and so I'd prefer to wait some days before doing it twice.

Milbo

1-2 Weeks. Promised! Before 1. November
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

randlieb

I have seen in other threads questions concerning the multi vendor support for VM3. I also see in the config for the 2.9.9x series some indication of multi vendor. Will this be available for the stable 3 version? If not, any idea when we might look for multi vendor in VM3? I have a site I am looking forward to getting started on using a mutli vendor ecommerce cart and would like to use VM for it. Thanks.

John2400

Hi randlieb it is great that you are looking for options for your store. I'm sure that you will find the Multi-vendor option in VM3. I'd encourage you to test out 2.9.9.2 version to see how it works and maybe help out test and trial that option. The more testing and more posts the closer we get.

randlieb

Hi. I set the config to multi vendor mode. I also found this page (http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/44-multivendor.html) concerning setting up permissions. But that's as far as I can see. I don't see how to set up separate stores in the BE or the FE. Can you point me to any documents/tutorials that deal with the multi vendor mode? Thanks. Would really love to be able to get into this and test it out but don't know where to go from here. (I am not a developer)

jenkinhill

There are extra functions in VM2.9.9.2/VM3 for administered MV, but if you are not a developer then you will at least need assisance, such as through http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail

But it sounds as if you are confusing multi-store with multi-vendor.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jarich.

Hi,

When is the official release for Virtuemart 3?

fmlk4u

See attached: a Joomla 3.3.6 site with Virtuemart 2.9.9.2

One drawback: the K&K Youtube plugin doesn't work anymore. And despite it was a paid extension, K&K stopped development and now it is availabe on the VM website. So I need to purschase it AGAIN

[attachment cleanup by admin]

randlieb

@jenkinhill
I want to have multiple users able to add their own products/categories etc. from the frontend and have a checkout directed to each separate user paypal account. I guess setting up their own separate stores would be ideal.

fmlk4u

I read about official VM3: 1-2 Weeks. Promised! Before 1. November

Well, we are already a week furhter.   

kuna50

Hello,

please let us know when it will be available the official version of Virtuemart 3.
Developer with whom I have subscriptions makes extradition conditional on the release of new products from the official version of the V3.
I know that the term was already given, but two weeks had passed and still no V3.

jenkinhill

It will be released when ready. Have you been helping to speed the process by contributing some time to testing the RC versions and reporting any bugs you find in the development forum?  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=136.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Sebbe

How about administrations design? The backoffice...  looks horrible right now. Any chance that's going to be more streamlined? It's hideous to be honest

jenkinhill

Then come up with an improved layout. All contributions to the project are welcome.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK