News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Default state selection causes tax on foreign countries

Started by brilliantimpact, August 12, 2014, 08:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brilliantimpact

Using virtuemart 2.0.26d on a 2.5.22 joomla install.

For some reason my default state (wisconsin) is being picked for other countries.  This state has a tax rule to it, so any foreign country without a region is getting charged that tax.

I tried setting the state value to a different default value but that doesn't seem to be working ( I get "vmError: Model Userfields, state with id ALA not found" ) when I tried to have the default state be alabama or something without a tax rate.   Is there something I've done wrong that is causing this issue?

Milbo

Really interesting bug. What happens if you set a default country?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

brilliantimpact

When I come to checkout it automatically defaults to United States and Wisconsin (where the tax rate is applied)  I tried to switch the default state to Alabama or something like that - as I think this is the cause of the issue.   I tried both AL and ALA in the shopper fields with no luck.  I suppose it's because the store is in Wisconsin.  I think if I could get the default state to be Alabama that would fix this issue. 

I love virtuemart and all the work you've put into it, thanks so much for replying!

soundude

Quote from: brilliantimpact on August 29, 2014, 22:05:00 PM
When I come to checkout it automatically defaults to United States and Wisconsin (where the tax rate is applied)  I tried to switch the default state to Alabama or something like that - as I think this is the cause of the issue.   I tried both AL and ALA in the shopper fields with no luck.  I suppose it's because the store is in Wisconsin.  I think if I could get the default state to be Alabama that would fix this issue. 

I love virtuemart and all the work you've put into it, thanks so much for replying!

Longtime viewer of the forum, first time poster.
Using VM 2.6.12.2 and Joomla 2.5.28
I agree, love VM and the forums are a great help however am suffering from the same issue as this however my case in CA is default store location.