Related Categories and Products not working [SOLVED]

Started by dsidir, August 08, 2014, 13:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slammy

It is no problem if it´s nearly empty (it means only you do not have edited self-defined fields) but it needs the two lines I have marked you in my xls-export from the virtuemart_customs table/db - maybe it helps. Important are  two fields there, named "custom_title" and "field_type" (case sensitive!!!) ...

I remember I had the issue too. These two entries were missing in my table/installation. After I edited them manually, selecting of related products and categories and saving them did function properly again.

best regards
jens

[attachment cleanup by admin]

dsidir

Finally , after too many efforts, the related products worked. The problem was the 2 lines missing from the database. Adding actually the 2 lines that slammy marked on the file now I can add and save related products.
thank u all ;)

slammy

ah good to hear that it worked  :)
Pls could you mark your first post in this thread "solved" like the way you did it with your last post, then everybody can see the "solved-tick" in the thread-headline ...
regards jens

Milbo

In vm3, we show this customfields normally, so people can just readd it by using the GUI
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

slammy

Quote from: Milbo on August 27, 2014, 10:01:29 AM
In vm3, we show this customfields normally, so people can just readd it by using the GUI

hi max, hope you´re doing fine. Nice to hear that vm 3 handles this within the gui.
best regards jens

Milbo

vm2 did it also
the problem was just that people often deleted this fields and claimed than that vm2 does not support it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

blackrat999

Hi guys.
i know this is an old post but i have the same issue in VM 3.2.4 which i cannot fix.
related products just shows title and no images and nothing saves when i add it.
I have the two lines mentioned above in my db have tried disabling mootools and plugins/components with no joy

Just wonder if you have any ideas as now desperate to get it working

https://easyhit.temp-gingerweb.com
many thanks

Milbo

Did you enter the customprototype one time, checked and stored it? Because you can enable/disable the images now.

blackrat999

I dont know what this is, i havent intentionally changed anything to do with this, where are the settings please?

Jörgen

Hello

Check under Custom Fields. There You should find two fields that are a bit special.
Related Categories
and
Related Products

Check into these and see that they look correct. You can choose if title, image etc should be shown. In my site I seem to have a Related Products field that is used for Related categories. Maybe You have a similar  issue? If they look alright to You, then just save them once and see if that changes anything.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

blackrat999

I am using 2 custom fields both Generic child variant and i cant see anything on either of them mentioning related products or categories.
I get the same issue in related products even on a product that doesnt have any custom fields applied.
thanks for trying to help but im not any further with this.

jenkinhill

If you look at the VM demo on http://demo.virtuemart.net/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=custom   you will see the setup for related categories and related products.  I think that is where Jörgen suggests you look.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

blackrat999

Wow progress thanks both of you i didnt realise that related products was in the custom fields too. that gives me the images and sets them in the product page but with only having "ontop" or "addtocart" as a layout position it isnt displayed very well. If i use "related_products" they dont show up. Is there a way of making them display in the correct way as before. ie line across below description and in the pop up add to cart which is the main place i want them ?
thanks for progress so far !

Jörgen

Hello

The layout positions related_category and related_products should work. They work for me. Have they been removed from Your template ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

blackrat999

Mmm not sure possibly its a Yootheme template, i will investigate thanks for bringing this to my attention anyway