News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Orders not visible for MANAGER user group

Started by padalec, August 06, 2014, 12:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

padalec

Hi,

There seems to be a bug regarding permissions and user groups.

I assigned a new user to default MANAGER user group. I also checked each PERMISSION SETTINGS for products, categories, orders and so on ... All setting seem to be OK. BUt user in group CANNOT see orders in back end. Al other stuff is visible.

Is this a bug or I am missing something?

Thank you

horangel

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. And i'm also curious why? Or what is the solution?

jenkinhill

You must set the ACL permissions correctly - and use the current version of VM2.6.7.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

padalec

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. However I think I have set up correctly (but not 100% ).

I have user group "uprava" and I have set permissions for orders (see images)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

no, you have it on inherited, you must set enabled. You see it is allowed for you, the superadmin.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

padalec

Ok. I set up permissions as shown in image permissions-orders.jpg.

I couldn't see all orders in the backend.

Then I had an idea. Let's make a fake order in frontend with the user login data (which i am accesing to back end and where I need to see all order).

Now the order is dispalyed - see image orders.jpg. I can only see orders I do myself.

Is this suppose to work in this way?

Thank you again for your help.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

That was an issue with some earlier VM versions, but an admin with ACL permissions can see all orders now. Just tested this to confirm it still works in VM2.6.8b
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

padalec

Quote from: jenkinhill on September 01, 2014, 12:15:20 PM
That was an issue with some earlier VM versions, but an admin with ACL permissions can see all orders now. Just tested this to confirm it still works in VM2.6.8b

I am running on Virtuemart 2.6.8. and Joomla 2.5.24 and PHP 5.3.27

Should I try to update to 2.6.8.b?

jenkinhill

You should always use the latest - and always test updates on a backup of the site first. I don't know if the admin needs to be a shopper, too - ie to have billing details entered in VM. My admins always have full VM info.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK