Main Menu

IPN Posting Error

Started by britstak, July 28, 2014, 13:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

britstak

Hi Everyone!

Joomla 2.5.22
Virtuemart 2.6.6

I have developed a Ecommerce website (virtuemart) The website checks out with PayPal. I am having an issue with IPN.

The situation:

Business PayPal Account checks out on the website goes through to PayPal. PayPal authorises transaction and the money is taken with no problem at all. No error comes back. The order status goes back into the website as confirmed.

Standard PayPal user checks out on the website goes through PayPal authorises the transaction and the money is taken. However I get an error for IP (see below)

ERROR validateIpnContent: VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ERROR_POSTING_IPN

The status of the order in the website is Pending.

I am confused on why a business account will go through but a standard account wont. This is a problem because the client doesn't get notified that an order is pending only when its confirmed but they do get an email to say there has been an error on the website.

I have spent over 10 hours looking at this issue with no luck at all :(

alatak

Hello

If some of the data contains a ' (quote) you can have this problem. To fix it :
replace in file plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal.php    function plgVmOnPaymentNotification()
$paypal_data = JRequest::get('post');

with
$paypal_data = $_POST;

britstak

Hello Alatak

I am new to vitruemart I have searched my code for the PayPal plug in and I cant find the following $paypal_data = JRequest::get('post');

the only thing I can find is function plgVmOnPaymentNotification()

hope you can point me in the right direction

thank you Brittany

alatak

hello

Yes, you are rigth.
It is the line with
$paypal_data = vRequest::getPost();

britstak

thank you for getting back to me

unfortunately its made no difference still received the error :(

lostmail

I have a similiar Error message in Logs / paypal.2.log.php.

Quote2014-08-13 11:30:07 ERROR validateIpnContent: Fehler während der Übertragung der sofortigen Zahlungsbestätigung (IPN):  ,  0

Will the fix eliminate that problem, too ?

Joomla 3.x | VirtueMart 4.0.12 107771 | HORME3 PRO 1.9.6 / 2.0
VirtueMart 4.2.4 | Joomla 4.4.1 | PHP 8.1 | Vp_neoteric 1.3

britstak

only ways we resolved this problem was to move it onto another server. still not sure what the issue was. we are thinking maybe a server setting

Milbo

The issue was maybe that your server used a "reverse proxy". For this there is a new general setting in the vm config.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rongame

hi

may i know the solution to this problem? same situation as the thread but the solution is not working for  me. May i also know the new general setting in the vm config the milbo was stating? maybe this could fix me problem. thanks so much

Quote from: Milbo on May 19, 2015, 09:51:12 AM
The issue was maybe that your server used a "reverse proxy". For this there is a new general setting in the vm config.

VirtueMart 2.6.6
PHP Built On   Linux lax05.web.com.ph 2.6.32-531.17.1.lve1.2.57.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Sat Jun 7 08:40:25 EDT 2014 x86_64
Database Version   5.5.42-cll
Database Collation   utf8_general_ci
PHP Version   5.3.29
Web Server   Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface   cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version   Joomla! 2.5.22 Stable [ Ember ] 12-June-2014 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version   Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent   Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.2357.81 Safari/537.36

Milbo

The setting is on the first tab in the vm config. The tooltip tells more.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rongame

milbo thank you so much for your answer. with regards to the proxy headers my host gave me this reply
Not sure regarding your request for "IP address proxy headers" as when we installed cPanel, LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) has been automatically configured.

i tried to add the servers ip address but the problem persists.

i created a new thread becuase i updated my version. the problem is still the same.

this is the thread

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=130220.0

thank you again for you help and i am willing to donate for VM as i appreciate the support.

Milbo

I set  the main IPN thread sticky now, should be easier to find in future. It is tricky. Thanks for your support.