News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Tax and Calculation Rules don't apply to product

Started by johnkit, July 27, 2014, 18:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnkit

Hi

Can't get new rules to display and apply under specific product after I created them. I created two rules for 15% Gross Profit and 50% Gross Profit. The only rules available
Apply no rule
Apply default rules (have no idea what this is)
Tax Rules

I am using VM2 and Joomla 2.5

Any guidance?

John2400

Just a few quick check ups first.

Did you publish the tax.
Does it apply to all products , categories?
When you set up the tax .. Did you leave the groupings and default (clear) or did you actually hit and set the default group. This will make a difference.
Then did you test with these options first.

After that really don't add anything to a product. You are just seeing if your tax is applied on the front end.
Most of the time the issue will be how you set up shopper groups if you set the tax up correctly.

If you are stuck you will have to show some screen shots of your , tax set up and then a product you think it should apply to.
Print screen and up load some small images.

johnkit

Hi

Tx for feedback

See attached. Rules I setup on gross markup and what is available on product screen
[][/img]

[attachment cleanup by admin]

John2400

Firstly We would encourage you to update to the latest version of VM.

With your settings I got a 30% increase on the original price on every good. It worked perfectly.

With almost any rule you set in the product area the tax should showed up in the front.

eg  changing the base tax rule or the final price in almost any combination I still got the tax to appear in the front end. ( you should not have to change any setting in the actual product area with the setting of tax you showed me) it should apply to all of them as you have shown.

My thoughts then are that you have set the wrong shopper group ( for your customers) or in your configuration you have not ticked the right pricing option to show the tax.

products>>price >> final price or unit price ?

So it may not be the tax setup at all.