News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Urgent: need best combo of shipping/tax extensions

Started by sethwcaton, July 27, 2014, 17:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sethwcaton

I need some advice and I've been through the VM forums...and I'm kinda running out of time.  I'm running VirtueMart 2.6.6 in Joomla 2.5.24.  I need to know what combination of shipping/tax extensions is going to do the trick given the following:

1. US-based company
2. Needs to charge PA 6% sales tax only to PA sales
3. For PA customers, shipping must be added to total before tax is applied (because shipping is taxable when shipping to PA)
4. They only sell 5 items
5. Most of their sales are within the US, but occasionally they ship to other countries like Canada and Australia
5. Standard shipping in the US for 3 of the items is via USPS priority flat rate boxes
6. Standard shipping in the US for the other 2 items is by dimensions and weight
7. They can do overnight, 2-day, etc. rush shipping via FedEx (and possibly UPS)
8. Their 3 payment options are: pay via PayPal, pay by check, call us and give your credit card # (they didn't want the extra payment gateway charges for Authorize.net, because they're already paying those fees for in-store/phone sales and their current gateway isn't compatible with VM)

Help?  I realize I'm going to likely pay for 1 or 2 extensions, and I can figure out how to configure the extensions & set up rules, but I just need to be guided to extensions that will do exactly what I need given the parameters above.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

tessajavalara

Hi SethWCanton,

I would be happy to assist you with any questions that you may have. I support the partnership between Avalara and VirtueMart and can tell you that we can automate every request you have on your list above. My email is tessa.jones@avalara.com - I can also be contacted by phone at 206 826 4900 x1249