Shopfunctions.php language variable for selections bug VM 2.5 and 3

Started by AH, July 23, 2014, 12:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

I see a number of times that people are assigning prices to shoppergroups and then finding that the prices suddenly disappear when they login

We looked at this a while back and it was down to the wording of the Prices Shoppergroup selection being easily open to misinterpretation

As a result a new value was introduced in administrator/components/com_virtuemart/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini

COM_VIRTUEMART_DRDOWN_AVA2ALL="Available for all"
This is still in both releases

I answered a query for exactly the same problem yesterday In product price and noticed that in 2.6 the language variable had been changed in shopfunctions.php

VM 2.6.6 and VM 2.9.8

static public function renderShopperGroupList ($shopperGroupId = 0, $multiple = TRUE,$name='virtuemart_shoppergroup_id', $select_attribute='JOPTION_USE_DEFAULT' ) {

static public function renderShopperGroupList ($shopperGroupId = 0, $multiple = TRUE,$name='virtuemart_shoppergroup_id', $select_attribute='COM_VIRTUEMART_DRDOWN_AVA2ALL' ) {

Joomla wording is "- Use Default -"

This is not very informative and will lead to misunderstanding  as DEFAULT is the name given to the Registered Shoppers "default" which are different to a Guest shopper

I know an admin language override will fix this - but did the devs want the control of the VM language to be in the hands of the Joomla bods?

Please revert this code back.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0