News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM Language Settings - Cant see all languages

Started by dsidir, July 23, 2014, 10:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsidir

After many hours reading manuals and posts, I think I configured joomla to work properly as a multilingual site. I can create articles, menus, modules, etc using both Greek and English, however I cant use both languages at virtuemart. More specifically I cant add both languages to the filed multilingual shop (I can see only english). I have set up as a default language Greek at joomla languages. Also I am using joomla 3 and virtuemart 2.9 with inspire template. The multilingual status seems to show good result (see attached image). Is there a possiblity that files are missing from a specifi folder ? Does this field collects data from a specific folder ?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

dsidir

I hope this image will help. As you can see you can choose only english.

dsidir

problem solved when I installed tha language for the "admin". I had installed only the languge for the site. However now I lost all the products and the product categories that I have created. Is there anyway t recover all these ?

dsidir

Finally I found that the products were created at english language and stored at database. Changing the default language from Greek to english , the products appeared. So now I have to create them again in Greek.

jjk

Quote from: dsidir on July 23, 2014, 13:09:47 PM
Finally I found that the products were created at english language and stored at database. Changing the default language from Greek to english , the products appeared. So now I have to create them again in Greek.
In case you entered greek product descriptions into your english language tables (en-gb), perhaps this can save you some time:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=91664.msg317238#msg317238
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

dsidir

thanx. this is useful. However I didnt put any description yet.  ;)