News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Configuring the currency selector module?

Started by jsbullock, July 21, 2014, 02:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsbullock

I certainly have done due diligence both on this forum as well as a Google search on this subject before posting here. Nothing informative came up, so...

I'm trying to display the currency selector module in a position on the template I'm using. I have seen a demo, where it works, so I know what should be displayed.

I have configured the currencies section of VirtueMart to publish Australian Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Euros, British Sterling and US Dollars. The default currency is USD. I have also set their exchange rates against the USD.

I have published the VirtueMart currency selector module and all I get is "Currency" and blank drop down list, no arrow icon either.

There is a field in the configuration page of the VM currency selector named "Currencies to display", but I have no clue what to enter, nor am I given one by the tool tip hint, which says "select the currencies to display". I have tried typing in the letter codes, i.e. USD, AUD, CAD, EUR and GBP, or their ids. I have separated them by just spaces or by commas. Nothing seems to work.

The weird thing is that when I look at the template demo settings, nothing is set in the VM currencies section and nothing is in the "Currencies to display" field in the module. Yet the currency selector still displays properly. It's a VM module, not part of the template package.

So how is this magic performed? My Joomla 2.5 and VM 2 versions are currently up to date.

Thanks!
- Jeff

GJC Web Design

Are u sure this is the standard VM currencies module ?

the tooltip is as in the screenshot so empty will work

are u sure you have no JS errors?

It is very hard to help you without a live url

[attachment cleanup by admin]
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation