News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product added to virtuemart not showing on site

Started by effect, July 20, 2014, 20:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

effect

Hello,
I'm new to virtuemart and now I'm building my website from scratch.
I started adding products, both manually and with CSV advanced.
Now I have a number of products that show on virtuemart (published, with shopper group default), but don't show on the website itself.
I chose on the action when out of stock the option: "Products Out of Stock are orderable, no special action", to avoid issues with that.
Does anyone have an idea?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

effect

ok, got the picture...  ;)

virtuemart version: 2.6.6
joomla version: 2.5.16
php version:  5.3.27

the site is: effect.co.il
the problem is that the site is in Hebrew...

I use a commercial joomla theme: hot eCommerce

jenkinhill

Firstly, turn off all SEF. That should not be turned on until a site is fully built and tested, as it makes it very diffficult to debug.

Then rule out template issues by switching to Beez and see what happens.

Make sure that the products are published and that they are available for all users to see, eg that the shopper group fpr each product is left at -use default-
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

effect

effect

I found SEF in joomla configuration and unchecked it, changed to beez template, all products are published and assigned to use-default shoppergroup.

What else could it be?

effect

i don't know if it's related but if i enter the shop configuration i see this message: JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 42

effect

I have another tidbit of information:
I found that if I search for a product, it turns out in the search results and I can see the product page. Even the breadcrumbs of the category is correct. But if I go to the category where the product is located, I don't see anything.

effect

OK actually solved it myself!  :)
Turns out that in configuration I configured Category Layout=categories.
Once I changed it to default, all products became visible.