News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Can't create new categories or new products

Started by JULIANR, July 15, 2014, 17:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JULIANR

Hi.
I have just installed VMart ver 2.66 in Joomla 2.5.22 and I have the problem that can't create new categories and products. The system does not save anything. And also I have notated that when use the button to  "apply" or "save", the system show the route ending in "administrator/index.php#"
Please help.
Joomla! 2.5.22 - VM 2.6.6 - PHP 5.3.13

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

JULIANR

Still wrong.
The superadmin user is marked as vendor. I have used the "Reset all tables and do a fresh install" tool, and the problem still remain. I can't create a Manufacturer category, add a new Manufacturer, create a new category neither add a new product.
I have activated the debug mode of joomla and can see the line "vmdebug $siteLang: es-ES self::$_jpConfig->lang es_es"
May be the problem is on the language of the store?

Milbo

Quote from: JULIANR on July 15, 2014, 17:59:23 PM
button to  "apply" or "save", the system show the route ending in "administrator/index.php#"

This is normal. Joomla toolbar works that way.

You can go in the vmconfig and select spain to be sure to have the correct language tables. It also makes a lot sense to use the fullinstaller,.. it really helps a lot to prevent silly configuration errors.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

JULIANR

OK, fixed now with a new clean install. Thank you! :D