News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Translation Bug - VirtueMart 2.9

Started by dbelegris, July 15, 2014, 12:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbelegris

Hello,

I would like to report a bug I came up to when it comes to virtuemart 2.9 multi language functionality. While everything works perfectly, from the virtuemart categories to the extra fields functions of the multi-lingual store there is a bug in the products.

Let me be more specific:
Let's say you create a new product in the Greek Language and it's named "Test1", with an alias "test1" with a cost price of 10 Euros and a description let's say "hello Greek".
Now let's say you create the English version of the same product with and it's named "Test12", with an alias "test12" with a cost price of 10 Euros and a description let's say "hello English".

Let's say now you wish to make a change in the description of the English product. You open the product from virtuemart, you change the language to English (default language is Greek) and then you see the English flag, so you are at the English version of the product.

The problem lies here. The Product Name and the Alias are now the Greek version of them. Although they are indeed saved (I confirmed they are) "Test12" and "test12" and you can see them in live version of the site, the admin panel shows "Test1" and "test1" instead. The description and the other fields are not affected.

The thing is that if you want to make a change in any random field, and then press save, virtuemart replaces both the Product Name and the Alias to the Greek version and as a result you need to re open the product and re-change the values of the English product.

As I comprehend the issue, the problem lies somewhere between the .php file of the admin panel and the database, where for some reason it does not separate Greek from English, for the product names and aliases. The strange thing is that for everything else but the products there is no problem at all.

Is there any solution to this problem??

Thank you in advance

CE WebDesign München

maybe issue with editor?
issue gone if default editor set to code-editor in joomla config? (try un- and reinstall latest JCE in case you use JCE)

a client told me vm 'forgets' chosen language if he toggels editor
and vm saves to default language if not toggling back to default editor before saving... (vm2.6)

maybe this: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103062.0 is not 100% solved?
CE WebDesign München: https://ce-webdesign.de | Websites, eCommerce WebShops | Responsive Design | SEO

dbelegris

First of all would like to thank you for the reply :)

Actually it was the editor (although i was using TinyMCE) and it affected the translation of the Name Field and the Alias Field. I turned the editor to None and it worked.

I will experiment with JCE editor.

Thanks for the help!!!