News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

(SOLVED) 2 Currency Selector Modules

Started by futurefool, July 10, 2014, 18:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

futurefool

Hello all.

I have development site running on Joomla 2.5.19 and VM 2.6.0 on a XAMPP localhost (php 5.4.19).

I need to have two instances of the currency selector module, but when I do this only one of them functions. The other simply has "Select an Option" where the drop-down would usually be. When I check the page source, the chzn-results ul is empty. Is there anyway to make this work?

For those who want to know why I'm doing this, below is an explanation.

The site is responsive with an off-canvas space for mobile devices. I am using the off-canvas space to store product category navigation, login/registration links, language switcher, search and currency selection modules. In the module manager I have two of each of these modules, one for display on mobile devices and the other for everything else (I am using hidden-phone and visible-phone module class suffixes to achieve this). As such, I have two instances of the currency selector module in two different positions, one of which is off-canvas.

There might be a much neater solution to this but I can't think of it. I'd be happy to hear of any other possible solutions.

Thanks in advance!

Ff

futurefool

Well doesn't look like anybody either knew or had the time to provide an answer to this one.

In the meantime, I have come up with an acceptable work-around. The problem seems to be a jQuery/Chosen plugin issue. Overriding mod_virtuemart_currencies/tmpl/default.php and commenting out vmJsApi::chosenDropDowns(); on line 4 solves the issue.

Hope this can be of help to somebody.

Ff