News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VirtueMart Products language problem

Started by davit_231, July 06, 2014, 11:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davit_231

Hello everyone,
I have searched related topic, there is many but no topics is answered problems which I have.
I have multilingual web site - VM version 2.6.0(updated one from old version), primary language is EN and secondary RU.

When I have finished creation  products for English Language then I made default language RU and started to make products in VM for Russian language, but in products suddenly appeared thumbnails from English language. I leave it how it is and continued work.

than I created Product Module for Russian language and have assigned to appropriate Russian menu(for main page only) and pointed from which category to show random products( I have created Product_ru category which is included all Russian products)
when I published website, it appears that  the same thumbnails as it was  in VM admin products menu is displayed for Russian language by Products Module assigned RU language.

Could not understand what is issue, kindly help me.

there is website link what I am describing - http://geex.ge/ru/

[attachment cleanup by admin]

daviti_231

Dear Friends, is here right person to help me ? I could not do anything and I don't want to uninstall VM.

jjk

From your description I'm not shure what causes your problem. Somehow its sounds like you were trying to add "Russian products" in addition to your already entered "English products" rather than adding translations for your 'English products'.

The way VM is supposed to handle multilanguage is that you select a language in which you enter products for example in English (which you haven done) and then select another language from the 'Product Edit' view and enter your tranlation. Please check if your Joomla/VirtueMart configuration complies with this short tutorial:
http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/multilingual-store/99-multilanguage-setup.html

Also, remember that the Joomla language switcher relies on Joomla menu items and it's IDs. In order to be able to correctly assign a module to a frontend view, you will need an english and a russian menu which holds all your VM categories (Menu item type 'Virtuemart category'). These menus may be hidden or published to a module position not available in your template, if you don't want to display those. In addition, you will need an english and a russian 'Random Products' module, in which you select the menu items (VM categories) where you want to display the engish or russian 'Random Products' module.

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

davit_231

Dear jjk,
Thank you very much for your replay, but kindly consider that I have done everything correctly. I can give admin side pasword  to you. problem is  that.
When Language is English by default and adding products, then when I am switching in language manager default by russian, and going to add product in rusian language, what I had added in English there is also displayed but only pictures.(Media)
Could not understand what is problem in reality.

jjk

From your description I assume that you still misunderstand how translations in VM work. If you start out with entering a new product in English, VM stores that product in several database tables, which are connected by variable named 'virtuemart_product_id':
Among those tables are for example:
virtuemart_products | virtuemart_media | virtuemart_products_en_gb
When you add Russian as a second language you will have:
virtuemart_products | virtuemart_media | virtuemart_products_en_gb | virtuemart_products_ru_ru

In other words, you do NOT enter a new product when you want to add a translation of your english language product. Instead you just go to your english language product and select 'Russian' from the dropdown selection box in the 'Product Edit' view (If you don't have that, your language configuration is not correct). There you should see russian flags next to the translatable fields where you type your russian translation. Both, the english and the russian product description share the same media (Image) files by default.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations