News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Selling Digital Goods - no shipment

Started by mausci1969, July 03, 2014, 19:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mausci1969

Hello everyone,
is there any way to set virtuemart to sell digital goods like courses? It means no shipment etcetera.

Thanks in advance.

jenkinhill

Do you mean digital goods for download once bought?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mausci1969

No,
I'm sorry if I did not make myself clear. I am developing an e-learning web site with Moodle, connected with a Joomla web site. To access to the courses, users have to buy them and I decided to sell them with Virtuemart. It works well (even if I still have to customize it to let users to buy just one packet of courses and not more), but it shows the shipment informations, that in my case are misleading. I am wondering if there is any way, even through a plugin, to cut this shipment part. I just thought that selling digital goods might have the same needings.

jenkinhill

Shipping digital goods for downloads requires a special plugin. All you have to do it set up free shipping using the standard weight-countries plugin, set it to autoselect on checkout and either hide it at checkout using a template override or change the displayed shipping text to something relevant to your store with a language override.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mausci1969

Sorry for my late replay Kelvyn.
As standard weight countries plugin you mean the one provided by VM2? Cause, if so, I can't see the options you're talking about ...

[attachment cleanup by admin]

RobertG

You can manage this not in plugins but in VM shipment methods

mausci1969

I can't see how. The only available option for the shipment is "VM shipment - by Weight, ZIP and countries".

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

ITechnoDev

Extensions for VirtueMart : http://www.itechnodev.com

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mausci1969

Thank you everyone for your answer.
Yeah, it looks like the plugin is the best solution for me, I think I'll follow that path.