News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Orders randomly generating twice

Started by Zenero, June 24, 2014, 14:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenero

Hello all,

I have Virtuemart 2.6.6 and am using Joomla 2.5.

I have a client with a Virtuemart store which uses both Sagepay and PayPal payment options. The majority of orders go through without a problem. However, every now and then after an order is successfully completed, some days later suddenly another order confirmation is sent out by email with the same order number and is added to the orginal order page. I have racked my brains and scoured the forums but can't seem to find a solution or reason for this. I have provided a screenshot below to give a clearer indication of what I mean.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

oviliz

Hi jenkinhill,
unfortunately the Zenero issue is not related with any of the link that you indicated.

I have as well the same problem. From some weeks (and this could be related in a way with the suggested links because are all new...), so I think after some VM update, some times, we received emails with orders that doesn't appear on the VM Orders page because in fact they are all past orders. Same email, same date, same invoice... if you check the order status you will see something like Pending > Confirmed > Shipped... and then Confirmed... after some days. Randomly... but they are all SagePay related, because never happened with PayPal.

Since now we shipped twice 3 times... and avoid only one... great job!

Hope now is more clear...

GJC Web Design

If there is such a delay between re confirm it has to be Sagepay (perhaps) sending another confirmation ipn and the Sagepay plugin not checking if the order is pending
it possibly checks if already confirmed but perhaps not if Shipped.. ?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

oviliz

In my case all the orders was Shipped. Some days after they was putted (by UFO) again on Confirmed and we received the email like usual and we shipped twice... That since today when we received the 3TH email for an order that was posted and shipped (twice in 3 days between the orders) 2 weeks ago...

GJC Web Design

UFO   ????    :-\

but this is exactly what I asked - suggested..

Quotethe Sagepay plugin not checking if the order is pending
it possibly checks if already confirmed but perhaps not if Shipped.. ?

have you checked this?  It is done in the sagepay plugin (as with every payment plugin)
GJC Web Design
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component

oviliz

Ok, I captured a customer online in the chat that he paid with SagePay. The chat shows the path link of each movement trough the website.

He made the order (Pending) and then was redirected to the SagePay page where he paid. After that he was redirected again on our website (Confirmed).
When he turned back, I see two links in there:
mydomain.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginresponsereceived&on=641d0810&pm=7&crypt=@9d86065eb3c8c21c73a17a3f7561fb97f4630f1aee7...ETC...ETC
and
mydomain.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders&layout=details&order_number=641d0810&order_pass=p_2f7ab

It looks like the first one is the first page after he made the payment. Is the Confirmed order. The second one where he was redirected, is just the customer normal order page information.

So, I put the order on Shipped and I clicked his first long confirmation link. In that way I received again the same previous email. If you click more times with a still Confirmed order, nothing happened. But if you put again on Shipped, and click to confirmation link (after 6 months if you want), you will receive the email again... and so on.

If you are busy and received a lot of orders in a day, and someone know this "trick" or for some reason (cache? / browser pages history) comes on the website trough that link, you will receive twice (or more) the email like a normal order and risk to ship twice (or more) the order if you not pay attention and compare with the VM List Orders...

GJC Web Design

yes - but the sage pay plugin should be coded or have the ability to check WHAT status it is and if it needs to be confirmed

This is a plugin problem - even if multiple confirms are sent it should check FIRST if the order is Pending -- or Shipped or whatever -
and not just blindly reset it to Confirmed again and trigger the whole admin notification etc again

the status needs to be configurable because lots of my clients have there own bespoke status after Confirmed (Packed, Sent whatever)
GJC Web Design