News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM 2.9.7 Shop main page broken

Started by nzed, June 19, 2014, 15:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzed

I wonder if this is a VM error or something else: the greeting text is missing on the shop main page (it is fine in admin), the right side menu is put under the categories (no change was made since last VM version), not any category link and side menu link is working (maybe covered with a layer).
In 2.9.6 it was OK.

And maybe it is stupid, but the shop main page is not fully loaded, this is the end of the source:
               </footer>
                                 </div>
</

but all other shop page source end like this:
               </footer>
                                 </div>
</body>
</html>

nzed

When I am logged in to  the shop the greeting text is okay but the page is still broken, the very end of HTML is still missing in source.
And it shows the text "New Product", I don't know why.

nzed

One more thing: when I switch off the Show Categories setting, the side menu shows fine, the page in not broken any more. Switching it on again is breaking the page.
The text "New Product" is a link (it was working when the page was not broken) and it goes to the administration to create a new product. How can I make it disappear?

Milbo

There was a div too much. I am uploading a new version.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

nzed

Very similar now in VM 2.9.8. with the same errors: the right side menu is put under the categories (no change was made since last VM version), not any category link and side menu link is working (maybe covered with a layer).
Possibly an extra div?

tophatco

Quote from: nzed on July 12, 2014, 22:00:11 PM
Very similar now in VM 2.9.8. with the same errors: the right side menu is put under the categories (no change was made since last VM version), not any category link and side menu link is working (maybe covered with a layer).
Possibly an extra div?

I am experimenting with 2.9.8 as well and am seeing something similar.  I have a right side menu and whenever I view a VM page with categories, the right menu drops below.  Doing an html validation on the broken pages yields a unclosed element, my main container div.

It looks fine and validates when viewing a product or list of products and not categories/sub-categories are shown.

If I add an additional </div> at the end of the /components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php it fixes the problem when categories are shown in VM but then, when you view products, the page is broken.

I also get unclosed div element errors when validating pages with categories using the default Protostar and Beez3 templates.

tophatco

After tracing it out, it appears the category-view div is not being closed, or maybe a row.

I modified the end of the /components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/categories.php and added an additional </div> to the end and it seems to resolve the issue.