"Category Layout" for "Top Level Category" not override "Categories" view

Started by chongwang, June 19, 2014, 15:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chongwang

I got a menu set to "Category Layout" for "Top Level Category", the categories under top level category not showing when i set Page Layout to "Categories".

"Categories" page layout worked for all sub category but not top level category.  :'(

VM 2.6.6
J! 2.5.22

isiway

Hello,

same here. So how do I solve the problem?
No categories shown when choosing top level???

Thanks,
Carola

Milbo

hmmm, I wonder, but,... I can say that this is in done a lot easier in vm3, you can choose if it should be shown or not and it is not done via selecting a different layout.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

chongwang

Quote from: Milbo on June 23, 2014, 09:39:33 AM
hmmm, I wonder, but,... I can say that this is in done a lot easier in vm3, you can choose if it should be shown or not and it is not done via selecting a different layout.

before vm3 came out, we neeed this to be fixed on coming release.

any idea how to fix this immediately?

mbudwick

If you edit the menu item you created,

and instead of choosing Category Layout, choose the last item,  Virtuemart Frontpage, it

acts as the Top level Category layout.

dchristof

Quote from: chongwang on June 19, 2014, 15:26:14 PM
I got a menu set to "Category Layout" for "Top Level Category", the categories under top level category not showing when i set Page Layout to "Categories".

"Categories" page layout worked for all sub category but not top level category.  :'(

VM 2.6.6
J! 2.5.22

This is obviously a bug? As soon as I updated to Virtuemart 2.6.6. my menu showing top level category shows an empty page. All other category pages are working except top level. If I go to Virtuemart Configuration -> Templates and change Category Layout to "categories" then my top level category page is working as before the virtuemart update BUT all other category pages show a different layout (same as top level which means they're not overriden) and the single category page which displayed my products is empty !!!

I've been trying to figure out why this works like that in the new version of Virtuemart but still haven't figured it out.

Is there a solution to this problem??

-- ΕDIT --

I managed to fix my problem by editing my categories.php file and inserting the code from this post

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=115968.msg427168#msg427168

Thanks to Pavel for the fix.