News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Multi-domain Joomla VS Virtuemart

Started by escuro, June 15, 2014, 22:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

escuro

Hi all!

I'm using a single Joomla install with VM2 (updated to latest) with 3 languages and 3 domains(each domain for a certain language).
I use this plugin + default Joomla language management - https://www.yireo.com/software/joomla-extensions/language-domains

The problem is that despite all attempts, VM keeps caching the category names, so they appear in english at all domains. The category cache keeps working even when I turn off ALL cache in Joomla. (com_virtuemart_cats)

Any ideas on how to either turn this off in VM or fix to multi-domains?

john-doe

Have you rewrite your Category aliases into their respective language?
Take note that you need to switch language, edit, save and go for the another.

escuro

Hi!

It should have been done. We have used multi-langiage on a single domain with no problem.

escuro

Hi!

Managed to fix the menus by changing the multi-domain plugin. Now we have another issue - with the second domain the frontpage(or most of the products pages of VM) are not showing IF SEF Urls are on OR there is no direct request for VM in the address - i.e. index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=2. Works OK on main domain. Is this related to VM?

jooomlaa

I have realized this with my own multiparkeddomain-multilanguage-system-plugin (single projekt with 6 Domains and a lot of languages)
Maybe I can help you?