Author Topic: MUST READ: How to get direct Virtuemart Support from the VM Team  (Read 11512 times)

brentonking

• Brenton King Graphic Design, Web Design and Joomla! Site Development
The short answer is you get support direct from the Virtuemart team by purchasing a 12 month "VirtueMart Supporter Membership": http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail

I then added "Max Milbers" on Skype. As soon as he was available he worked through my issues with me.
Don't expect them to drop everything, be patient.
I'm not sure if there are other ways to contact VM Support. Others might know?http://extensions.virtuemart.net/ticket

Like many people in the forum, I used to be one of the users screaming for the development team to make Virtuemart a Commercial product, so that development can progress faster, bugs can be fixed quicker and better support can be given. This is their answer! And I think it's a pretty good idea.

The different membership levels are Bronze, Silver & Gold.
Silver & Gold are essentially just extra donations for the VM team to put towards development. All will give you the same level of support, but when voting for bug fixes & new features the higher your membership the more say you get in the vote.

If we are willing to support VM like we all say we are, here's the opportunity.
Would recommend! Definitely worth it in my opinion.

If you've got a membership, let others know what you think here. They probably aren't going to decide off just one guys experience.

jux

• VirtueMart Version: latest
Re: MUST READ: How to get direct Virtuemart Support from the VM Team
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 10:08:37 am »
Let's share my personal experience regarding VM
I have bought last week  the VirtueMart Supporter Membership and damn! Im very happy and please about it...

I got help from VM team quite easily and quickly now... and they are very pro for that (thank you Valérie and thank You Max)
If you are using Virtuemart for a while now , and you are please with it .. this is the best investment you can make !

If you would like to see VM keep growing with new features and better core then I think this is more than fair to support the project... and you get addons...
Don't forget, This is an "human project" that need fund in order to advance.

Lets spread the word to the community, your colleague and your friends
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Milbo

• Virtuemart Projectleader
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • VM3.2 Cached and Optimized
    • VM3 Extensions
  • VirtueMart Version: VirtueMart 3 on joomla 3
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 09:53:16 am »
Many thanks for your reviews.

Of course VM is work of voluenteers so no-one is to blame here.
Still this is the the reason we are now using a commercial component for the webshops we sell.

Hopefully people like him understand the idea of our offer. We dont want to have two different versions. We want to keep one public version for all.
I should fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

hotrod

• Silver Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 16:36:55 pm »
I for one didn't know this existed until last week...
So last week I purchased it,  Not for any other reason other than to support the VM team that has given me an eCommerce solution that has been doing very well for me and many of my clients.

I was having a little issue and without even asking for the help, They were there to help me fix it.  I can not thank this team enough.

Thanks MAX !

Plan on seeing my continued support.

Rod
VirtueMart 2.6.8 (Patched 9/18)
Joomla 2.5.22
PHP Version    5.4.32 
Dedicated Server.
Proud Virtuemart Supporter http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=124355.0

harrstar

• Beginner
    • New Approach Web Design
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 22:46:16 pm »
Hi,

love it, finally a solution. Just signed up.

Uwe
Joomla 2.5.25 and vm 2.6.10

mronayne

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 20:12:48 pm »
This is a MUST for anyone using Virtuemart for a production environment!!!
Worth every single penny!!!
It also helps if you are willing to spend the time to detail your specific issue in a step-by-step clear way. I spent quite a bit of time detailing my specific "use cases" where there were discrepancies and when I did this I found that I received almost instantaneous, and very accurate, response...
Thanks Max for all your help!
Regards,
Mike