News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

product creation breaks page

Started by andrewm57, June 04, 2014, 00:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewm57

J2.5.20, VM 2.6.6

My client has been happily adding new products. All of a sudden, adding any new products cause the product admin page to break after Save. Only the top menu appears on the left of the page, and that product listing below, with no styling. There is no head/body/css/js output, the html just starts in the middle of the page.

All other backend functions & views in VM still work, even the table of products, until I sort by decreasing ID to include the latest product. Then it breaks same as above. Back will take me to the previous page, which displays properly.

I've removed the products 3 times with phpMyAdmin, and re-tested. I thought there might be a broken image, but not 3 times. And they faithfully use Paste as Text in JCK editor to strip extra badness.

I have installed new components & modules recently, but only for the front end and they could create products afterwards. Their hosting isn't running out of space or file count. Nothing is obvious in the access or error logs.

Any thoughts or pointers? Also, is there a debug/log for just the VM backend?

GJC Web Design

in your log/ or logs/ folder should be a com_virtuemart.log.php  if the error is logged

does the broken layout stay till you remove the offending product?
Is it repeatable? i.e. put the same product back and it breaks again?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

andrewm57

There are 3.5K errors in the log file, but none seem to be related to any of the product skus/ids that broke during creation. They 100% look like:

ERROR vmError: related product is missing, maybe unpublished [sku] [name] id: [id]

The broken layout does remain until I remove the product. Either by refreshing the broken page, or going back to the products list and sorting/searching by anything that will include that new product on the list. It is repeatable, not by adding that same product, but trying to add any new product.

However... PEBKAC: the user found some gorgeous hi-res photos from their vendor, and was uploading 4-10MB 6K x 4.5K jpg's! Taught them to re-size, and all's well.