News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

hide prices from product description but not from the cart

Started by iwanna, June 02, 2014, 10:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwanna

Hello,
Does anyone knows how we could or which file/code we have to edit for hiding the product details for all prices except (Sales Price & Base price with TAX), and this not to affect the prices for the cart details ?

If we go in VirueMart's settings:
VirtueMart-> Configuration -> Configuration and Pricing..
When we disable the prices from there, they also dissapear from the cart too.

skhn123

maybe you should look at "com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl\default_showprices.php

and comment out the code for prices you want to hide.

Note: create override for this first.

GJC Web Design

over ride
components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default_showprices.php

&

components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

skhn123

iwanna

Hello again,

I did override both of the files putting // in every echo i didn't want it to show..
but still nothing..  and the last thing I tried is to delete all the code from both files that said Product prices.
But nothing changed. nowhere.

And also, I changed the original files and nothing   :-\..

Any help again ?  :)

jenkinhill

So are you already using overrides? In a commercial template maybe?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

iwanna

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 05, 2014, 12:15:59 PM
So are you already using overrides? In a commercial template maybe?

Yes, I use a commercial template.

That's why I can't change the code I want ?  :-\

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

iwanna

I did over ride those 2 files, but nothing changed.

components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default_showprices.php
&
components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php

Or you didn't mean those ?

skhn123

okey. just to be sure add some text lines somewhere in both files so it will display in front-end and if it happens then your override is working. second step would be to check your codes agian.

jenkinhill

But it is a commercial template so possibly already uses overrides. In which case the override files themselves should be edited. Usually they are in [yourjoomlatemplate]/html/com_virtuemart/
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

iwanna

Quote from: skhn123 on June 10, 2014, 10:18:31 AM
okey. just to be sure add some text lines somewhere in both files so it will display in front-end and if it happens then your override is working. second step would be to check your codes agian.

I did that and nothing..  :-\
So override doesn't work..

The theme I use is by yagendoo if that helps!  :-\

iwanna

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 10, 2014, 10:28:27 AM
But it is a commercial template so possibly already uses overrides. In which case the override files themselves should be edited. Usually they are in [yourjoomlatemplate]/html/com_virtuemart/

There is nothing there  :-\..
Only the files that I add.

jenkinhill

Unfortunately some commercial templates have their overrides in a different directory, so you may need to look though the code or check with the template supplier.

Pre-existing overrides is the usual reason why edits do not appear (assuming they are done correctly).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

iwanna

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 10, 2014, 12:53:01 PM
Unfortunately some commercial templates have their overrides in a different directory, so you may need to look though the code or check with the template supplier.

Pre-existing overrides is the usual reason why edits do not appear (assuming they are done correctly).

thank you for your quick response.. I will have to search deeper then  :)