News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Will VM2 work for me?

Started by lidacha, May 25, 2014, 12:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lidacha

I implemented a Hikashop shopping cart system on my website, but with the discount structure I needed to implement it was necessary to assign each company to a Joomla User Group. So that is what I did. But as it turned out, 3000 Joomla User Groups is too much forJoomla to handle. It takes forever to load certain pages in the administrator, like Users and User Groups and I am not able to access Global Configuration at all. And I have not even added the articles, the discounts, the users, the images and the other files.
So... I need to start all over again.

Now I am wondering if VirtueMart 2 will be an option for me.
I hope someone can help me out and advise.

This is roughly what I need.

ARTICLES
20.000 articles.

Structure:
Main category
___ Type
_______ Article Group
____________Articles

The Article Group needs to contain photos, files, pdfs, drawings and so on.

COMPANIES/USERS
3000 companies, 5000 users.
Some users/employees need to be linked to the same company.

DISCOUNTS
4 types of discounts (every next one overrules the other):

- per account group  (10 account groups)         / discount on group of products   -    500 discount percentages
- per account group            ,,                             / discount on single product         -  5000 discount percentages or discount prices
- per individual  company (3000 companies)    / discount on group of products    -    100 discount percentages
- per individual company            ,,                     / discount on single product          -  2000 discount percentages or discount prices

note: group of products is a brand for instance, not the same group as in the menu structure.

When a user logs in he needs to see his own personal discounts and prices.
He can add articles in the cart and place an order.
The actual order will NOT be processed via the website, but the order/info will be sent to the administrator and then put into a different order entry system, and handled from there.

Any thoughts very much appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Lida

Milbo

We do not have discount rules connected with joomla user groups. Our discount rules are combined by category, shoppergroup, manufacturer and a lot more.

I think with virtuemart you can achieve the same, but with less rules. Please read here http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/17-products-menu/30-taxes-and-calculation-rules.html and maybe you want this http://extensions.virtuemart.net/products/quantity-related-price-calculation-detail
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lidacha

Thank you very much for your reply!

So I understand discount structures should not be a problem.
Any thoughts on quantities? Will the amount of articles, users, discounts and all slow down the system a lot, will it still be workable?
I have browsed the internet for ecommerce solutions, but there is hardly any info on for what the shopping cart is meant for, small, medium or large businesses.

Thanks again.