News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Login required to access VirtueMart

Started by gofer123, May 22, 2014, 22:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gofer123

Hi all,
The site is Joomla 2.5 with VM 2.0 and what I'm trying to achieve is access to VM after login to registered users only.
The site is for wholesale buyers only, that would be registered by the site owner, they don't want the public to see the pricing for the products.
Would appreciate some help please.
cheers

jenkinhill

Very easy to do but first please confirm the actual versions you are using. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gofer123

The versions I'm running, thanks Kelvyn

VM 2.6.0a
Joomla! 2.5.19
PHP 5.3.10

jenkinhill

OK, you maybe should first update both Joomla & VM to latest (J2.5.20 & VM2.6.4)

Make Joomla menu links to VM for registered access only, especially the link to VM Home Page. You can leave a public link to VM Account Maintenance if you want to provide a registration form for wholesalers and set Joomla's user manager to require admin approval for registration, or publish the Joomla login module if you want to manually create users.

VM modules such as search & category menu can be set to display only to registered logged in users.

Lastly you can add another step and make the products only displayed for the wholesale shopper group.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gofer123

Hi Kelvyn,

Thank you for your help & time.
The site owner wants to create registration themselves, only clients that have a type of medical certificate would be registered, once they are notified of their User ID and password they can login and change their password (if they wish) but not their User ID.
So, with your instructions I should be able to achieve that.
Cheers
The Lake District still beautiful?

Milbo

enable also in the vm config "enable checkout only for registered"
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

gofer123

gofer123

Sorry Milbo, where do I find that file? Have looked thru Components VirtueMart
cheers

gofer123

gofer123

Hi All,
Not sure I've done this correctly, I have a menu item for the e-shop part of the site, when clicked it goes to the VirtueMart login? I've setup a user and after typing in user ID and password it tells me I'm logged in but I'm still on the login page. There is a linked near the top RHS which says "continue shopping" but when you click on it you stay on the same page!
With the site's requirements I mentioned in my first post, would it be possible to just hide the pricing from the public so only registered shoppers would see the pricing?
Would appreciate someone's help please.
Cheers 

gofer123

I think I've found my answer if anybody interested, follow this link: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=114066.0
Any comments on this would be appreciated.
Cheers

gofer123

I'm afraid that didn't work either, as I described in my first post I need to have the e-shop hidden to all but registered users or  have the pricing appear for registered users only.
Thanks in advance.