News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problem in backend with multilanguage description field

Started by JestaBlunt, May 22, 2014, 12:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JestaBlunt

hi all,

i must beg your help cause i have the following problem:

i have a multilanguage shop (german/english). when i change the language in backend from german to english all textfields are refreshed an d change to the english text, except the product description. this stays german until manual refresh (F5). so if you just change the english title and dont switch to description, often the english description is overwritten with the germanone cause you dont notice, that there is the wrong text filled in. cause when you click save the correct text is gone.

is there a way to fix this?

i am using joomla 2.5.20 and VM2.6.0a

thx
jesta

jjk

A few questions:
- Which editor do you use?
- In VirtueMart Configuration, did you add both languages into the field Language Settings > Multilingual shop?
- Which language did you set as the default 'site' language in Joomla?
- Did you add the german Language Tag, URL Language Code and Image Prefix in the Joomla Language Manager > Content tab?
- If you look into your database with phpmyadmin, are the german descriptions corectly stored in the table xxxxx_virtuemart_products_de_de and the english descriptions in the table _virtuemart_products_en_gb?
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

bluezeyes

These I had recognized too over several minor version jumps starting from vm 2.0.18 until 2.6.0 .. Where I found a product which texts were completly over written with the German translation for En and Swahili.

My impression was that this is caused by a bad connection and / or jsscripts not loaded correctly.. 

Current php version 5.3.14 and Apache 2.2.2

I've never invested time to find the cause but in general I would prefer that the language switcher in BE would be post I one day over the tabs for the product data and not  in the product description tab,  as every saving the content jump back to default Lang

Greets,

bluezeyes
---
sent from mobile

Milbo

The plan is to use for the language related fields arrays. So that we can display the translations directly and simultaniously
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bluezeyes

That sounds good,  will these arrays also be acl controllable?  Means that a translator can edit only the language he has to?

To prevent accidental savings in the wrong language for example?

Idea 2.: downloading uploading of all product related translatable strings... A dream...

Greets,

bluezeyes
---
sent from mobile