News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Re: VM 2.6 Multilingual error: 404 The requested product does not exist. SOLVED

Started by etna, May 06, 2014, 14:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etna

I set up from scratch a Multilingual Joomla 2.5.20 with VM 2.6.
When you change language from the default (English) to another Language you see the products thumbnails but without Titles, and if you click in "Product details" then you get a
"404 The requested product does not exist".
This is not happening to the products that have been translated in the VM back end.
There is also problem in the VM fronpage that is not show the Shop description until you just "Save" it in other Language, non translated categories do not show up in modules e.t.c.

To double check I did an upgrade from 2.0.6 to 2.6 in another 2.5.28 Joomla with the same problems!

I think that is definitely a VM 2.6 bug in Multilingual set ups.
Any others with the same problem?

Joomla 2.5.20
VM 2.6
PHP 5.3.13
WAMP Server 2.2

Milbo

It is not a bug in vm. As far as I know in joomla it is even worse. We work atm on a fallback. It is partly implemented already.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MarioP

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

etna

Hi and thank you for your effort.
I tested the 2.6.0a.
The only difference is that when you change language, you can see only the translated categories - products - e.t.c., and not at all the non-translated. :-\

MarioP

Quote from: etna on May 08, 2014, 11:34:38 AM
I tested the 2.6.0a.
The only difference is that when you change language, you can see only the translated categories - products - e.t.c., and not at all the non-translated. :-\
Imho that's normal  - not translated products are not visible in the frontend. In VM 2.6.0 those products were visible what has triggered the problem you described in the previous post:
QuoteWhen you change language from the default (English) to another Language you see the products thumbnails but without Titles, and if you click in "Product details" then you get a
"404 The requested product does not exist".
For me the problem was solved after update to VM 2.6.0a.

Nilsy

This seems only to happen when the product contains non-latin letters (åæø etc).
Products without these kind of letters work fine.

I am on Joomla 2.5.20 and Virtuemart 2.6.0a

etna

Well "MarioP" you are right, only translated products are shown in the language change. This is the normal function of the Virtuemart as I tested in older versions.
So Thank you  "Milbo" for the fix. Thread Solved

Nilsy

Interesting Etna...
Thanks to your post, I took another look at things... and it seems you're right.
I removed the English version in the fallback area, but left it as a fallback option.
From there I just turned the SEF on again, and now even the UTF-8 products work nice.