News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Edit Address - State info

Started by hk, May 07, 2014, 17:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hk

Hi,

Using VM 2.0.26d

I have registered an user by selecting Country: United Kingdom and State: Northern Ireland
Everything shows correctly in the Cart page.

In Cart page, I selected Add/Edit billing address information, selected Country as Turkey, State showed - Select -, as there were no states associated with Turkey. After clicking Save, the Cart page showed Country as Turkey and State as Northern Ireland, which is incorrect.

Once the user has selected a Country which has States and then changes to a Country which doesn't have States, the State value of previous country is used. This needs to be correct, not sure if this is a bug.

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

GJC Web Design

This isn't normal behaviour - std VM State selection works fine

But without a live url no one can help you...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

hk

I have sent you URL and credentials in PM.

GJC Web Design

Sorry - doesn't work like that - I help when I can - but if you want to employ me then......
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hk

I tried VM 2.6 version. The issue still exists in that version.

jenkinhill

I just tested this on the latest version, VM2.6a with default templates, and the billing state is not carried over to the shipping address when set for a country without states. It remains in the order as Please select.

Are you using a third party VM template/checkout?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hk

Hi jenkinhill,

I'm not using any other template or module.
Just installed a fresh VM 2.6.0

As you said, after selecting a Country which doesn't have States, it shows --Select--. Can you save that and go to Cart page to see whether it is reflecting correctly.

Attached is the snapshot for your reference.

I will PM the site URL and credentials.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

hk

Hi,

Can you please let me know whether it works fine for you or not.

Thanks.

hk

Please advise on the below post.
Thanks.

Quote from: hk on May 08, 2014, 12:42:36 PM
Hi jenkinhill,

I'm not using any other template or module.
Just installed a fresh VM 2.6.0

As you said, after selecting a Country which doesn't have States, it shows --Select--. Can you save that and go to Cart page to see whether it is reflecting correctly.

Attached is the snapshot for your reference.

I will PM the site URL and credentials.

hk

If I make the State field as Not Required, everything works fine.
However, if State field is marked as Required, it is a bug.