News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Language strings missing in vendor confirmation mail

Started by zanardi, May 04, 2014, 15:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanardi

While testing the mail confirmation on different order status I have incidentally found a possible language strings error.

Steps to reproduce:
* fresh install of J2.5.19 and VM2.6.0
* create a new "VMpayment - standard" payment method called "Bank transfer"
* configure this payment method so that it puts the order in "Pending" status instead of "Confirmed by shopper"
* complete a frontend order: correctly, no mail are sent to SHOPPER or VENDOR
* from backend, change manually the order status to "Confirmed"

Mail are correctly sent to SHOPPER and VENDOR, but the vendor message has two language errors:
* the subject is "COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_C"
* the first line of the content is "COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_VENDOR_CONTENT"

Hope you are able to reproduce and fix. Thanks!
--
Francesco (zanardi)
http://extensions.gibilogic.com
@gibilogic on Twitter

betterlead

Hi

Did you ever find the solution to this problem? I still haven't figured out how.
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_Z (Might be other than _Z, of course, but that is the one that shows up in the Subject of the confirmation E-mails to the customers for a specific payment method - well it happens to be PayPal.)

I have tried to fix it in the language override manager, but it doesn't do the trick.

Cheers

SOLVED! But read instructions carefully, by Hutson (Scroll down). Read first post on the second page of this thread, if you want to know how I emarressed myself...
Live site runs on Joomla 3.9.24 & VM 3.8.6 10373

PHP: 7.3.26

AH

This can and will occur if you have introduced a new order status

You will need to add the new language variables fro the new status codes manually in the frontend and backend language overrides

language\overrides\en-GB.override.ini
AND
administrator\language\overrides\en-GB.override.ini

COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_Z="YOUR TEXT"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_Z="YOUR TEXT"

Note that the %1s and %2s contain details of order information if you want to include them

e.g.
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_C="[%3$s], Confirmed order at %1$s, total %2$s"
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

betterlead

Aah! So I need to copy and paste the variable and the value from
language\overrides\en-GB.override.ini to here:

???

Note: I already made the value in the override manager and copied the value from the standard statuses. Never new I needed to fix this also in the admin part.

Have I got it right, Hutson?

Many thanks. I think this is a very important information to many more who still struggles with this.

AH

Yes that is correct - make sure the language variable is available in both admin and frontend overrides file

language\overrides\en-GB.override.ini
AND
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

betterlead

betterlead

Sorry, but this didn't solve the problem. Still the same in the subject line. :(

I suppose it doesn't make any difference if I use these override files, since my language is Swedish: sv-SE.override.ini

Milbo

Then you must of course use the override for Sv. You can also do that in joomla itself, with GUI and all that.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

betterlead

Of course I used the SV -override file. Just received another subject like this, in confirmation mail with a Paypal payment... Doh!

betterlead

Screen shot of today's confirmation mail with a Paypal payment. There must be some kind of bug,,, or?

betterlead

And here is the screen shot from the Language manager. I have as instructed above by Hutson, even added the string and value in the backend language file - also the SV-SE.

betterlead

Does it look ok?
I can also add, when I make a refund all is ok. Subject is as it should. String and value looks like this:                         
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_VENDOR_R
[%3$s], Återbetalning beställning %1$s, totalt %2$s

Milbo

What happens when you add the language to your original files?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

betterlead

Thought about that. Good. I'll do it and then we'll see... (If I got it right: Add the value and the string to the EN files in both backend and frontend? Hmm?)

Milbo