News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Duplicate orders & payments

Started by Robert_ITMan, May 02, 2014, 15:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert_ITMan

Like I said - its random, what are your stats like are they 1 in 16?
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

hotrod

Every Order..    with SSL On

Seen some issues where something happens to the data base and from there out every thing is duplicated..  Maybe that?
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Robert_ITMan

Totally different issue than what I experienced - yours will be easier to solve as it is every order. Again, this issue is most likely due to how VM captures the order on confirmation.

Work around - disable SSL for now..? Maybe it is something with your SSL settings, look at all the settings with SSL in them, including:

• VM Config > Shop > Enable SSL for sensitive areas (recommended)  [I have this checked]
  • Site > Global Config > Server > Force SSL [I have this 'entire site']
  • maybe SEF/SEO url rewritting [try turning this off]
  • .htaccess file [maybe you have something there]
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

hotrod

This is bad..  Hard to have to change things.. when I made no changes and it just went south.. on it's own

Think I should open a new thread?
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Robert_ITMan

Maybe a new thread something like 'VM 2.6.6 Duplicate orders & payments due to SSL' - post the link here so I can watch it too.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

hotrod

Posted this in the wrong thread .. Sorry..
QuoteAs of Now.. I have fixed it..  Just turned SSL back on and my order came perfect.. 1 time..

I was doing some Google searching and found a topic on a OPC site about double orders.. and I seen something about " No Price Items" ( Can't find where I was)
That brought me back to a product my partner put up yesterday that I was reviewing and he had the price override checked and there was no final price.. and when you looked at it on the site is was -29$..  I though nothing of it untill I asked him  what did you do there.  he said nothing.. So I started trying to get the prices to work right and was having some issues getting it the way it needed to be.  Got the cost  base and final and no override to take..  turned on SSL placed an order and it was fine..    Watching an order in Google real time as I type...   Lets see...  Came in Twice.. then one behind it came in once.

UGH..

Note I am Only using Authorize.net Credit Card Processing..

Gunna see what happens..  Last 2 orders only one duplicated and they could have been working in the cart as I was fixing some things.. SSL is back on..  we'll see
Slow time is now until tomorrow afternoon..  We sell heavy duty truck parts....At some point is it safe to download an older version and install it as normal?

Like I said I have a Test site.. But there is no SSL..
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

hotrod

Last 3 orders have been fine.. 
Does anyone know why if a Botched price set..  Meaning the Cost / base and final are messed up.. it would cause double orders...

That's the only thing I found wrong..in the tines frame of when I started having problem..  and has seemed to correct it after fixing it..
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

hotrod

Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Robert_ITMan

hotrod - Looks like you solved your issue - though I don't fully understand what was wrong with the prices "Cost / base and final are messed up" and will remember not to play with the Product pricing settings and always leave the defaults (I only ever set the Cost Price).

FYI - I tested VirtueMart 2.6.6 and it works and I have confirmed it does have the fix as described earlier and we don't have any duplicate orders now either.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

hotrod

I don't know either.. but I know it was the issue..
20 some orders later..  all is good
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

hotrod

Had..  17 single Orders..  the 18th just came in twice..  so as of now I am 1 In 18   this is a real pain.  we did nothing on the site.. and with the double click locked out as everyone says.. what in the world can be causing this???
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Milbo

I am happy to read that the problem is fixed. Please check the time of your doubled order. If a user is checking out twice, we get two orders, which is correct. Maybe your user just did that.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

hotrod

Checking out twice?   I don't understand..   
Times are the same 18:14
Maybe the double Click fix doesn't work in some browsers?
got and order after that at 20:16 and it came in fine.
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

klattr1

hotrod, can you share a link to he problematic website so we can test the front end? Also, what are you using for payment methods/processing?

hotrod

Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0