News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

As soon I click on confirm purchase nothing happens?

Started by vagrant, April 30, 2014, 17:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagrant

Hey respectful helpers hope you all are doing fine
        I am using virutemart 2.6.0 and joomla 2.5.19
I updated virtuemart to 2.6.0 and then whenever I press on  confirm purchase nothing happens.If I leave billing information empty and press confirm purchase it asks me to fill billing information but when I fill it and press confirm purchase nothing happens.
Please help thanks in advance

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jenkinhill

Error on confirm is
TypeError: document.id(...) is null
if(valid_billto && document.id('virtuemart_country_id').value<=0) {

Seems to be looking for Country.

Are you sure that template with its overrides is compatible with VM2.6?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

vagrant

Yeah it is for sure even I reinstall VM few times but invain

GJC Web Design

as Jenks says - it is looking for a Country id in the validation

if(valid_billto && document.id('virtuemart_country_id').value<=0) {
valid_billto = false;
return alert(Joomla.JText._('SYSTEM_ONESTEPCHECKOUT_COUNTRY_INVALID'));
}

there is no element with an id of virtuemart_country_id  on the checkout page .. either add a country field and hide it by css or remove that validation
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

vagrant

Hey GJC and Jenkinhill
      Thanks a lot for explaining me very well. Its working as soon I added a country field you both are star :)
Can you please tell me how to remove its validation as this website is only for one country?
thanks in advance

jenkinhill

I suspect the delivery or payment plugin requires a country to be entered.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

vagrant

Hey Jenkinhill
Thanks again and yes you were right but as soon I added country in shipment and payment method shipment and payment disappeared from the checkout point.
I added deafult id of my country in virtuemart_country_id so country is already selected when customer is filling the form so its perfectly fine now.
I think when I upgraded to 2.6.0 it changed all the settings ti default which it shouldn't be but its all fine now
thanks a lot you all are star cheers :)