VirtueMart 2.6.0 Extension Install - Error Building Admin Menus

Started by tdma_virtue, April 24, 2014, 03:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdma_virtue

Hello:

[ Note: I would also like to register to be able to download earlier stable versions of VirtueMart - Where do I do this? ]

I am working on a time-sensitive client website using the YouStorage template, and have almost completed it except for the shopping cart integration - VirtueMart 2.6.0.

Here is the link where I got the VirtueMart extension: VirtueMart - Downloads

According to the instructions at the VirtueMart site under "How to start: You already have Joomla installed ? Download VirtueMart component (core and AIO)" - I downloaded the VirtueMart component (core and AIO) only.

After downloading the zip files for Virtuemart, I then used the extension installer within Joomla YouStorage to install the file - com_virtuemart.2.6.0.zip, and the extension installed most of the parts except the admin menus - I got this message: "Error building Admin Menus".

I had to install a second file - com_virtuemart.2.6.0_ext_aio.zip which is part of the total installation for the virtuemart extension (it came in two parts), and still got the same error message.

I have read some other forums that seemed to indicate some problem inside of the database setup, but have not yet understood nor found the solution to this problem.

Need HELP ASAP :)

=============
Details:
=============      
What is your CMS version?: Joomla 2.5
MySQL Version: 4.x
PHP version: 5.x
Link to installation: iBalance Life System
Is this personal or client website?: Client

jenkinhill

You use MySQL 4.x? Minimum required is 5.0.4 +  - http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html

PHP 5.what?  You need 5.3.10 minimum for VM2.6

All downloadable VM versions are on http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tdma_virtue

We are using MySql version 5.5.33-31.1, and PHP version 5.2.

Could the PHP 5.2 version be causing this error?

I can set the hosting server to use the latest stable version of 5.4, and then try again ... but do you confirm this to be the problem?

Also, on the previous version downloads page, which files do I need to download from the list under - 2.0.26 (stable version)? All of them? I noticed that all but one have the same name except for the a-b-c-d addition, and the last one is a different name with a "d" addition in the filename.

Do they go in this order ? (do I need all of them?):

com_virtuemart.2.0.26_extract_first.zip

com_virtuemart.2.0.26a_extract_first.zip    
com_virtuemart.2.0.26b_extract_first.zip    
com_virtuemart.2.0.26c_extract_first.zip    
com_virtuemart.2.0.26d_extract_first.zip

plgvm_klarna_vm2026d_vm206.zip

jenkinhill

PHP 5.2 is really too old - even then you don't give the precise version - for VM2.0.26d you should have at very least the last 5.2 version, which was 5.2.17 but even that is over 3 years out of date. These things are important. Recommended for Joomla 2.5 is PHP5.4+

The last 5.2.17 compatible version was VM2.0.26d - that is the only version you should install unless you update the server.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tdma_virtue

I set the php version to 5.4.26,
and then installed the vm 2.6.0 both parts - com_virtuemart.2.6.0.zip, and com_virtuemart.2.6.0_ext_aio.zip,
and noticed that the vm admin menu was visible after the first file, and I was able to navigate through it a bit and see all of the settings;
but during the install i got the Error Building Admin Menus again, and the only way that I can get to the admin menu is to use a direct url in the browser: http://www.ibalancelifesystem.com/jml/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart

There is no entry for virtuemart in the Components menu/section of Joomla.  What do I need to do for this to be added?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK