News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VirtueMart Home Page Settings - add to cart not working

Started by super_dave, April 20, 2014, 07:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

super_dave

When going to the virtuemart home page and clicking on any product 'add to cart' it leads back to the index page and displays the site homepage with an empty cart in the content area and lots of broken javascript for the VM modules I'm using.

I've found that in the backend I can fix this by turning off VM JQuery, but of course I lose all of the functionality that JQuery offers. I have built the cart to use Jquery until this bug was discovered and would like to keep it intact. Is there any way to fix this bug and keep Jquery active?

I ask that please tell me the absolute path if you're goingt o assist with code alteration as I'm not a full out Virtuemart developer and would need to know the exact file and location to alter  :D.

Thanks for your assistance.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

super_dave

Thanks for letting me know the proper etiquette.

At this point the site is under development and under password protection so I'm unable to post a live URL for now.

VM version 2.0.26d

Joomla version 2.5.19

Store template is joomla default, category is joomla default, everything else is no override.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

super_dave

Thank you very much, looking into getting this done.

Is there a way to disable JQuery for only one page and not and sub URL of that page? Got the idea from the link you posted and playing with jQuery Easy as posted in the link you gave :D.

If I can disable VM Jquery for just the store page and not any sub pages that'd fix the bug.

Getting a bit lost with the debugging tools :(.

super_dave

Or if I could disable 'add to cart' on the store homepage would remove the issue as well.