Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Assign shopper group based on currency selection without login

Started by skhn123, April 17, 2014, 07:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skhn123

Hello Developers and Members.
I am using : joomla 2.5.17, VM 2.0.26d

Please help me on this if it is possible. i have 2 basic shopper group (1) default which is set as default & (2) anonymous which i want to assign automatically if site visitor (not user) select INR (Indian Rupee) from module currency selector.

i have two price set for product for each shopper group, one in dollar (for default shopper group) and second in Indian Rupee (for anonymous shopper group). i need this function because i don't want to convert product price dollar to INR, it will be too much for buyers. so i want to display second price for Indian visitors.

I hope this make sense to you.

Thanks
Sadique Khan

Please help me.

K&K media production

It should be possible with a own currency modul. You can programm one and if the user select the currency put the user at the current session in this group.

skhn123

well thanks kkmediaproduction for suggestion.
however i have purchased a plugin Auto Vm currency switcher which switch the default currency to INR if a person visit my site from India. i am thinking if anyone could provide me code for assigning shopper group with help of same plugin then it would be awesome. (i am not a coder myself)

or atleast if someone could explain me (or point me where to look for code) that set the environment in FE for a logged in user if he is from particular shopper group.

Thanks
Sadique Khan

skhn123

Hello developers. i can provide the plugin code if anyone from dev. team could help me. please help me this is the last requirement of my site.

my current need is to set shopper group anonymous if the site visitor is from India and VM currency autoselector is working that way but it set the currency (dollar to INR ) for Indian. i want to set anonymous shopper group environment for non logged in user if they are from India.

K&K media production

at first you must look if it's allowed to modify your plugin

and then I don't know if someone develop this for you for free, maybe as commercial job

skhn123

well i have talk to the plugin developer, he has no objection if i modify the code. actually i asked him for this functionality but he is kinda busy all this month. so i need someone else who could do it.
if anyone can do this please PM me with price and time span needed.

Thanks.
Sadique Khan