News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Strange problem with image placeholders?

Started by tzic, April 16, 2014, 07:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tzic

Hello,

in 2 of my products there are quite a few image placeholders or dummy images and I cannot by any means remove them and just leave one image for each product. Please take a look at the screen shot to understand what I am talking about. At productdetails page and at category layout the correct image is displayed but when these products are brought up by a module (eg random products) the dummy icon is displayed.

How can I remove these dummy icons and just leave the real ones? I couldn't do it through vm>product>images of vm>images

I dont want to delete the products and add them again because they will get different product id

Any ideas?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Can you use the media files manager - under the shop menu?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tzic

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 16, 2014, 10:55:28 AM
Can you use the media files manager - under the shop menu?

thank you for the reply,

unfortunately these image or placeholders are not listed in the media files manager. Also when I go to the product and I click on the image where it says (9) followed by the image it takes me to media files manager but only one image is listed.

Any other ideas?

jenkinhill

Sounds like corrupt entries somewhere. I'd try "Install or if necessary update tables " (under tools menu) and if that does not work then edit the db using phpMyAdmin (on a backup copy of the site, of course).  I did fix something silimar with an earlier VM version by exporting products with CSVI, editing them in OpenOffice Calc and then re-importing.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum