News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product Drag'n drop not working with VM 2.6

Started by Shelbourne, April 16, 2014, 02:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelbourne

Hello,

I just made the update from the 2.0.26d version to the latest version 2.6.
Since then, the drag'n drop is not working anymore, in the backend, when trying to sort products list.
If anyone may help with this problem.

Thnks very much.

jenkinhill

Works fine for me on all my installs. You are selecting category first?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Shelbourne

Thnks for your reply.

Yes, I always go to categories list. Then I go the products list of the category I want to sort out. And normally, I just use the drag'n drop to sort out the order of the products...
But this doesn't work. And it worked just fine before the update (I redeployed a DEV site of the previous version to make sure)
I have categories with 300 products... without the drag'n drop, it becomes impossible  :(

If anyone has an idea, or anyone has the same problem.

I am using joomla 2.5x, up to date.

Thnks.

Shelbourne

If anyone has any idea ? I'm really stuck.

Thnks.

jenkinhill

You are the only one to have reported a problem with this. Are you using some strange browser? Or maybe some 3rd party plugin causing a conflict?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Shelbourne

Well,

I mainly use Chrome. Sometimes Firefox (rarely).
I couldn't find any conflict.
Chrome dev tool does not show any problem while I am in the backend. When I click on the small icon to drag, nothing happens anymore... it is just an image.

Here is a screenshot, to make sure we speak about the same thing :

Thnks for your help.

tanolalano

Same Issue. Nothing happens when click in the icon to drag.
J! 2.5.19
VM 2.6
PHP 5.3.28
arancebio.it - Organic red Oranges from Sicily

Milbo

very likely a jquery plugin interfering. Please use firebug and check your bind in jquery versions.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Shelbourne

Hello Milbo,

I tried firebug but I am definitely out of my comfort zone here. I could not find or see what the problem could be.
May I send you details, links by personnal message ?

Thnks.

midnas

Same problem for me. Console says

Uncaught TypeError: Object function (a,b){return new n.fn.init(a,b)} has no method 'curCSS'         jquery-ui.min.js:12

jQuery used in Joomla 3.3.0 is

/*! jQuery v1.11.0 | (c) 2005, 2014 jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/license */

It seems jquery-ui.min.js needs an update.

patrik60

Hello

Same problem here.

It works again when I deactivate "Use external google jQuery library " in the configuration. Until the version 2.0.26d it was activated all the time and didn't make any problems. Since I don't have any idea about jQuery I don't know how it influences the functionality of VM.

Regards
Patrik