News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How upgrade wtihout overwrite

Started by luiskar, April 14, 2014, 19:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luiskar

I modify some virtuemart files but i don't know how to overwrite with me template. Any ideas how can i do it without losing my configuration. I'm using virtuemart 2 and joomla 2.5.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Maxim Pishnyak

You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

luiskar

Quote from: Maxim Pishnyak on April 24, 2014, 09:08:56 AM
What did you do?
I create the folder com_virtuemart in template folder an then i copy the file i want to overwrite but the changes i made on it doesn't show in the pag, but if i change it in the original place then it works. Know I want to upgrade virtuemtar but if i do that i will lost all the changes.

jenkinhill

Did you follow the right directory stricture with your overrides? eg if you edit the file components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default.php then the edited file should be placed in [yourjoomlatemplate]/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/

If the filename is the same as the original then it should override automatically, but if the file name is different then it should be selected in VM configuration.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

luiskar

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 26, 2014, 11:37:02 AM
Did you follow the right directory stricture with your overrides? eg if you edit the file components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default.php then the edited file should be placed in [yourjoomlatemplate]/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/

If the filename is the same as the original then it should override automatically, but if the file name is different then it should be selected in VM configuration.
For example I modify default.php from com_virtuemart/views/tmpl/category. I put the file already modified in templates/ja_zeolite/html/com_virtuemart/views/category/default.php and the changes does't show. But if I put the same file in the original folder it works.

jenkinhill

Quotetemplates/ja_zeolite/html/com_virtuemart/views/category/default.php
is wrong.

Should be templates/ja_zeolite/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

luiskar

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 26, 2014, 20:37:36 PM
Quotetemplates/ja_zeolite/html/com_virtuemart/views/category/default.php
is wrong.

Should be templates/ja_zeolite/html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php
Thank so much, finally works
PD: Update to vm 2.6 and all works great
PD2: How can I overwrite com_virtuemart located in the folder administrator?