News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Display all products in a page

Started by whoaloic, April 14, 2014, 14:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoaloic

Hello!
I'm trying to display all products from all categories in a page.
I know how to display products from one category but I don't wan't to create a special category "all".
I googled this and I found a solution which say to create a custom menu with URL "index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse", but I get no products found on frontpage.
Any help would be appreciated,
Regards.

jenkinhill

This has been covered several times in this forum.

The url is yourdomain.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0   for listing of all products with pagination.

If you really want all products on a single page then use  yourdomain.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&limit=5000&virtuemart_category_id=0   (where the limit set is larger than your number of products)

Both these work with VM2.6
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

whoaloic

suraty

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 14, 2014, 16:02:02 PM
This has been covered several times in this forum.

The url is yourdomain.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0   for listing of all products with pagination.

If you really want all products on a single page then use  yourdomain.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&limit=5000&virtuemart_category_id=0   (where the limit set is larger than your number of products)

Both these work with VM2.6

Hello and thank you very much for your helpful answer!

Is there any way to create a page that shows just the name of all product category names on top and the names of products related to each category separately under each other?

jenkinhill

That quote was from nearly 6 years ago for a historic VM version!

Yes, you can show categories and products however you want to, if the options in VM menu & layout do not give what you want then write your own code or overrides to achieve it (or hire a developer if beyond your skillset).

If making product lists then you may find changing the "Sublayouts for products in category" template option to "products_horizon (tal)" gives a more useful layout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum