News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

USERNAME versus LOGINAME clean up

Started by gyvr, April 14, 2014, 13:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gyvr

Hello
If I am correct, VM 2.6 is using both COM_VIRTUEMART_USERNAME and COM_VIRTUEMART_LOGINAME as the account  identifier in the registration and logging process, i.e., 2 different "names" for the same information.
In order to avoid confusion it would be good to clean up and consistantly use  COM_VIRTUEMART_LOGINAME for the above purpose (and eventually keep the COM_VIRTUEMART_USERNAME for some other purpose as needed).   

Furthermore, having this kind of multiple naming for the same purpose leads to translation inacuracy. E.g., in french thse are translated to "Nom d'utilisateur" which is a nice translation for COM_VIRTUEMART_USERNAME, but is misleading for COM_VIRTUEMART_LOGINAME which should rather be "Identifiant" to be aligned to Joomla login or account creation template, not to mention the case where you have the Joomla connexion information in some area of your screen and the VM user template in another area of the screen.
By chance this can be fixed by doing simple Joomla language override if the assumption that COM_VIRTUEMART_USERNAME is not used for any other purpose is correct (today and in the future!). 

Hope this can be adjusted in some future release.
Rgds
Gerard

Mathalis

Hello,

You are right. Modification done.

Best regards

hugues

Milbo

COM_VIRTUEMART_LOGINAME is old and obsolete and accidently used in two emails (the registration ones)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member