News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VirtueMart Products module displaying items based on browsing cookies

Started by ex3mist, April 13, 2014, 09:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex3mist

Hello,
I'd like to ask is there a version of the VirtueMart Products module but besides the standart options of displaying featured, last added, best selling, etc. products, to display items based on the users browsing history (using cookies)? The same approach used for displaying adds and banners, but for products from the shop. Does anyone knows about such option or could the module be modified to be added? Thanks!

ex3mist

kogos

I was also trying for a browsing history extension to show last visited products, so the user can actually go back to a product he visited in a session... What i found so far is that in shop configuration page, without any extra module installed, i see:
Show recent => Display last visited products on the virtuemart view (works only with shoplayout default)

I found this also here: https://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Shop_configuration

Maybe this is what you were looking for??? Didn't test it myself so far.

Also, by using the stock VM - Featured products that comes with VM installation, there is an option to show "Recently Viewed Products" (under basic options>display)... i think that should do.

ex3mist

Hello,
Thanks for the explanation, but this is not what I mean. I'd like to show products to the client based on his browsing history in the internet. In other sites, not the browsing history in my site. The same approach the adds are shown.

PRO

Quote from: ex3mist on June 16, 2015, 09:30:43 AM
Hello,
Thanks for the explanation, but this is not what I mean. I'd like to show products to the client based on his browsing history in the internet. In other sites, not the browsing history in my site. The same approach the adds are shown.

you cannot get their browsing history, it's protected.

ex3mist

Quote from: PRO on June 16, 2015, 15:45:33 PM
you cannot get their browsing history, it's protected.

Really?! Then how they're using it for advertising?

jenkinhill

That is usually based on cookies such as doubleclick placed in the browser, or Google Analytics Premium. 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ex3mist

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 17, 2015, 10:58:48 AM
That is usually based on cookies such as doubleclick placed in the browser, or Google Analytics Premium. 

Could the VM Products module be made to use it? Even if that costs anything.