News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

COD pay method

Started by infofuturo, April 11, 2014, 17:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

infofuturo

Good afternoon to everybody,

I have the following situation with the web store of a client.

It is about the configuration of Cash On Delivery pay method.

I´m running Virtuemart 2.0.24 which has two options in the configuration of the COD pay method to insert a fee or charge.

A fix amount.
A percentaje of the amount.

The problem is that I need to combine both cases. I will explain myself:

Under 100 € order I need to charge 3 extra euros to the customer, because this is the minimun amount my client shipping company charge him.
Over 100 € order I need to apply only a 3% of the total amount of the order, it will be over the 3 euros minimun.

I search online for a solution, but i didn't find one. I suppose I need to modify Virtuemart core, but I'm not sure where.

Can anybody give me a hand?

JoomTut

http://www.joomtut.com - How to Joomla!
Joomla! & VirtueMart Pro Support.
http://www.joomtut.com/joomla-clip.html - 14 steps to creating a Joomla! website with video clip tutorials

infofuturo

I read the link you suggest to me, but what I need is a pay method, no a shipping method, because I already have an unique shipping method and the cliente don't want to change that.

Is that posible? I´m sure somebody was in my situation before. I believe I have to do a hack in the estandar pay method, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for the help, everything will be appreciate!

jenkinhill

Simple logic.

Make one standard payment method, in configuration tab set Maximum Amount 100  and Fee per transaction 3

Make a second payment method, set Minimum Amount 100.01  and  Percent of the total amount 3   (ie 3%)

The appropriate method will be shown/applied at checkout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum