News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Installed latest update - unable to add products

Started by guybr, April 09, 2014, 17:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guybr

Hi,
I just updated my VM 2.0.26d with the latest update (from the last 1-2 days) and now when I try to add new products (to my existing store) I receive these 2 errors plus the confirmation that the product was saved(!) - but all the data fields for that product are blank:

vmError: VmTableData Sef Alias in record is missing! Can't save the record with no Sef Alias.
vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled

Product successfully saved

Searching around I saw one possible solution to the administrator problem - but that didn't solve my problem... Any idea what I need to do?
I never fill in the Sef Alias, in the original version before the update, VM filled it in automatically.

I noticed that since the update the "product information id" is 0 - which seems odd, since I already uploaded a few hundred items.

Worst case, can I re-install the previous version of VM I had until now?

jenkinhill

What PHP version are you using? In your product names do you have characters other that alphabet letters, numbers or hyphen?

Reinstall? Just reload your pre-update backup is the best way.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

enzo1

I have the same problem. I use Joomla 2.5.19, VM 2.6.0 a PHP 5.2.14
Please help me!

Thanks Enzo

guybr

I upgraded to php 5.3, worked like a charm - T H A N K S!

jenkinhill

enzo1  you need a minimum of PHP5.3.10 - preferably 5.4+
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Kongzi

Hello,

php 5.3.3 is not good ? My hosting is using this version ... I have to move again ? I think that I know your answer, but ...

Thanks, All the best

jenkinhill

No, the minimum is 5.3.10 - the same minimum that Joomla is moving towards. This is for security reasons, allowing significantly higher levels of encryption. In any case, minimum to pass most PCI scans is now PHP5.4+
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

laurelmtgirl

Quote from: guybr on April 09, 2014, 17:04:24 PM
Hi,
I just updated my VM 2.0.26d with the latest update (from the last 1-2 days) and now when I try to add new products (to my existing store) I receive these 2 errors plus the confirmation that the product was saved(!) - but all the data fields for that product are blank:

vmError: VmTableData Sef Alias in record is missing! Can't save the record with no Sef Alias.
vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled

Product successfully saved

LOOK NO FURTHER FOR A FIX.....I spent alllll morning trying anything and everything, all I had to do was call godaddy hosting and have them change my php language settings from 2.0 to 3.0 and WAHLAH!!! it works!!!! All of those wasted hours. Hope it works for you too.
Searching around I saw one possible solution to the administrator problem - but that didn't solve my problem... Any idea what I need to do?
I never fill in the Sef Alias, in the original version before the update, VM filled it in automatically.

I noticed that since the update the "product information id" is 0 - which seems odd, since I already uploaded a few hundred items.

Worst case, can I re-install the previous version of VM I had until now?